Who are We?

All residents with a permanent Tahsis mailing address are eligible to apply for a plot at the Tahsis Community Garden. Message us on facebook or speak with any of the Directors to apply. The garden is located in the mobile home park, 8G Rugged Mountain Road, PO Box 218, Tahsis BC V0P 1X0

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Odd Reaction

Two people who are not involved in the garden planning but strike me as sensible people have made an effort to tell me that the garden will not work because they knew of another community garden that didn't work once. I tell them that based on the people I see involved I can't see this one fizzling out. For me, this doom and gloom attitude that is floating around will be just enough to keep me going. I personally don't understand this kind of defeatism. We haven't even started and some have it failing already. Not a healthy attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I am quite cynical in general, especially about human nature, and even I can google around and see thousands of examples of thriving, beautiful, successful community gardens! I used to live less than a block from one in Vancouver, and it was absolutely charming. Sure it may take some time to be up and running, work out the bugs (and slugs and rocks ha ha) but that's how anything good starts out.

    ReplyDelete